Copyright © 2014 www.greekcooking.co. All Rights Reserved.
1. Prepare your cake tin by lightly greasing the base and sides with a small amount of butter. Put to one side for later.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees / Gas mark 4
3. In a medium bowl, add the butter and sugar together and stir well.
4. Add the flour to the mixture and stir again.
5. Place the milk in a saucepan and heat gently. While you wait for the milk to heat up, add one egg at a time to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
6. Add 1 teaspoon of baking powder with the other ingredients and finish by pouring the milk in slowly before doing one last stir.
7. Pour all batter into the cake tin and place the almonds on top. If you are going to follow the tradition then wrap a coin in foil and insert it in the tin.
8. Place in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour - until golden brown and leave on a wire rack to cool before serving.
9. Dust with a small amount of icing sugar to finish.
|Appetizers and Salads|
|Main Dishes ( Meat )|
|Pasta - Rice|
|Save Money on Food Shopping|
|Save Time In The Kitchen|
|Save Money In The Kitchen|
|Cooking Measurement Converter|
|All Herbs And Spices|
|History Of Herbs|
|Grow Your Own Herbs|
|How To Dry Herbs|
|Cooking With Herbs|
|How To Store Natural Herbs|
|Herbs And Medicine|
|Lamb On The Spit|
|Greek Easter Soup (Magiritsa)|
|Greek Lamb Kleftiko|
|Dyed Greek Easter Eggs|
|Greek Easter Cookies (Koulourakia)|
|Stuffed Turkey (Galopoula Gemisti )|
|Chicken Soup (Avgolemono)|
|Lamb Fricassee (in Egg Lemon Sauce )|
|Christmas honey cookies (melomakarona)|
|Butter And Almond Shortbreads (Kourabiethes)|
|New Year Cake (Vasilopita)|
|Walnut Cake (karidopita)|
|Loukoumades (Honey Puffs)|
|The Best Greek Olive Oils|
|Benefits Of Olive Oil|